I know that not everybody likes spinach… but, seriously, I don’t really care because this is the BEST THING I’VE EVER MADE. Honestly (and not to brag here, ha!) it was even better than my last attempt at making this dish, which was pretty good if I do say so myself. This time, I following my heart and made it the way I wanted to taste it… and it came out kick-ass!
So good, in fact, that if I ever get caught for that murder I committed (shhh!), this would be the last meal I requested before I said my sweet goodbyes on the lethal injection table.
Oh yeah… That good.
The lethal injection kinda good.
Kick-Ass Spinach Pie
- 16oz frozen chopped Spinach ($1.50 at Stop&Shop)
- 3 small cans of chopped black olives (Maybe 3 or 50z? They only come in one size at Stop&Shop)
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups skim-milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flour (doesn’t matter which kind)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Thaw spinach in a medium bowl in microwave for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open and drain olives in a colander and set aside. Mix together with spinach.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan until hot. Add flour and stir. Add milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add cheese and stir until a roux is formed. Remove from heat.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan and line with the bottom pie crust. Add half of spinach and olive mixture. Cover with half of cheese. Repeat. Cover with other pie crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until top of pie is golden-brown… Enjoy!
And on the other side of my hobbies… I got some serious swag today at CVS!
This week’s shopping plan:
- (6) Palmolive Dish Liquids: $0.88/each (used three $1/2 coupons)
- (2) Pantene Conditioner: $2/6.97 + $2ECB (used $3.00 manufacturer coupon)
- (2) Almay Makeup Remover: ($5.99/each) Spend $10 get $4ECB (used two $1.00 manufacturer coupons + one $5 CVS Almay coupon)
- (2) Schick Hydro 5 Razors: Buy 1 ($10.99) Get 1 Free (used two $4.00 manufacturer coupons)
- CVS Water: $0.99
- Family Circle Magazine: $1.99
I also used one “$4 off of a $20 purchase” coupon that I got in my email, as well as $10ECB. On my receipt I received $6ECB.
Grand Total after Coupons: $2.97!!!