Last night my parents and I went to $10 entrée night at a restaurant called the Vintage in Woonsocket. It was a beautiful night and we were lucky enough to score a prime spot on the second-floor balcony over-looking the sunset.
Aren’t they so cute that it kinda makes you want to throw up a little bit? They’re the happiest couple I know.
I ordered a shrimp cocktail as an appetizer… it was okay. The shrimp were grilled but served cold and the sauce was more of a balsamic than a normal cocktail sauce. But it looked good!
The lobster ravioli I got for dinner tasted absolutely phenomenal! I just wish I could’ve gotten more than only four. For an entrée? Maybe in France you can get away with that, but not in Rhode Island.
I also made this really cool healthy-fied homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing to dip veggies in. I got the recipe from Eat8020.com – one of my new favorite healthy cooking blogs!
Healthy-fied Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (adapted from Eat8020.com’s recipe)
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup light sour cream (I definitely needed to use a little more than that to make it thick enough)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Basically you just mix all the ingredients together and it’s good to go. I made sure it was well mixed by pouring it in a reusable glass jar and shaking it around a bit.