I decided to give you guys a break from the pictures of couscous for a while because I realize that sometimes too much excitement is a bad thing. I just know that you’ve been sitting at home just waiting for another awesome couscous recipe and today I’m here to make your dreams come true. This recipe seriously just came out of nowhere and it’s a little weird… but tastes AMAZING.
Mediterranean Ranch Couscous (original)
- 1 box of couscous
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup spinach, cut or ripped into small pieces
- Salt and olive oil
- 1/4 cup homemade buttermilk ranch dressing
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and celery in olive oil and salt until tender (about 5 minutes). Add tomatoes and spinach and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Add more salt to taste.
- Pour dressing into the vegetables and stir until combined and the mixture forms a creamy texture.
- Mix couscous and ranch vegetable mixture together… Enjoy!
On another note… I watched The Lion King (with my new friend Haley) tonight for the first time since I was a little kid. Not only did it make more since and I was able to fully appreciate it much more than when I was younger, but I learned a lot of new things about it, most importantly being that the crazy hyena is named Ed… as in “Special Ed”… and that Matthew Broderick is the voice of older Simba (what?!).