What is going on with me? I’m up before 9am for the fifth day in a row! Obviously I must be REALLY sick.
I’m pretty sure my hypothesis about getting up early is spot on because I ate something really healthy for breakfast again! After hopping out of bed at 7:45am, I made myself an omelet with mucho spinach and a little bit of shredded mozzarella with a glass of milk and pineapple flavored Chobani greek yogurt on the side! DELICIOUS. Of course, I can’t actually physically make an omelet because, apparently, even though I can cook like nobody’s business, the simplest of breakfast foods I just can’t wrap my head around. So it was more like flat scrambled eggs. But it tasted good! Maybe next time.
THEN, I randomly decided it was time to clean out my closet and I actually did it. Who just decides that it’s a good idea to clean their closet at 8am? Me, I guess… But it’s still really weird.
Last night Brent and I had a LONG talk about how we’re really going to work hard at losing weight. Because of a bunch of stuff, we’ve both been slacking off a little bit lately, but now it’s seriously time to get down to business. Especially with the cruise coming up in 3 weeks! Being healthy is hard work, but I’m really glad that Brent and I can be there for each other and do it together. As hard as it is, it’s easier with a partner.
It’s also easier to lose weight when you’re eating amazingly TASTY recipes like THIS ONE:
Seriously. You need to go make this baby RIGHT NOW. I’m drooling just looking at the pictures. I made a whole recipe and I ate it all within a number of hours that’s so embarrassing I’m not even going to tell you! Bottom line… Just make it. You won’t regret it.
Spicy Garlic Chicken with Vegetables and Rice (original recipe!)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Asian hot sauce (I used just a few small squirts of Sriracha!)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked white rice (1 cup uncooked)
- Sauté onions, garlic, and bell pepper over medium heat until tender (at least five minutes). Add tomatoes and chicken, stirring until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- Sprinkle salt, curry powder, cilantro, and hot sauce over dish and stir to combine.
- Serve over cooked white rice… Enjoy!
Simple… Yet you will not be able to stop eating it. It’s THAT GOOD.