I’ve been hearing about the phenomenon that is the green smoothie for a long time. Honestly, the reason why it took me so long to make one is that I’ve been scared to try it. Me… scared to try something? That’s a little weird.
But, green smoothies are a little weird! Well, let’s face it. They’re a lot weird. I mean, c’mon… Spinach blending up with a bunch of fruit is gonna taste good? Yeah, right. You almost had me there for a second.
But, no, really. It’s actually kind of amazing. I promise you that you won’t be able to taste it at all. I know everybody says that, but this time it’s coming from me. Me, the girl who used to kind of throw up in her mouth a little bit every time these radioactive slime-looking smoothies made an appearance on somebody else’s blog. You can trust me on this one.
After someone on Twitter (follow me!) finally convinced me that I should just go ahead and face my fears… I actually made one. It was delicious. I might never make a smoothie without spinach again! Wait… did I really say that?
Green Smoothie (original)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (read my post about Sunwarrior vs. CVS)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Handful of spinach (use as much or as little as you want – I used about a cup)
- Blend with a blender until smooth, adding more milk if necessary… Enjoy!