You know what I love about Sunday mornings? An absolutely empty gym! With everybody sleeping in or at church, the YMCA was dead this morning. I had all the equipment practically to myself.
Something I discovered about my gym is that they have these awesome spin bikes with TV monitors attached. You can use the monitors to watch regular TV or you can choose a “path” and it’s like a virtual bike ride – you have to turn the handles around the corners and everything. I love that it feels like I’m playing a video game while I’m working out.
Well, I was excited to hop on a video game bike ride this morning, but they were broken! I settled for the regular recumbent bike, and definitely still worked up a sweat on the “fat burn” setting with a target heart rate of 150. Phew!
After 15 minutes on the bike, I did a strength workout. I usually switch it up every time I go – here’s what I did today.
I used to do a lot of strength training before I took a little break from exercising, so it’s going to take me a little bit of time to get back to lifting the same heavy weights that I used to.
Fruits & Veggies (Stop&Shop):
- Romaine Lettuce – $1.99
- Red Potatoes – $3.49
- Red Pepper – $0.99/lb
- Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms – $1.99
- Rainier Cherries – $3.99/lb
- Bananas – $0.69/lb
- Frozen Squash – $1.25
- Frozen Broccoli – $1
Fruits & Veggies (Shaw’s):
- Strawberries & Blackberries – 2/$5
Meat & Dairy (Stop&Shop):
- Nonfat Plain Yogurt – $2.39
- Egg Whites – $4.29
- Chicken Breasts – $7.78
- Ground Beef – $4.20
- Tuna – $1
Meat & Dairy (Shaw’s):
- 1/2lb Salmon – $5.99/lb
- 1lb Deli German Bologna – $2.99/lb
- 1/2lb Deli Provolone – $4.99/lb
- Reduced-Fat Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese – $1.99/each
- High Fiber Flour Tortillas – $2.00
- Edy’s Lime Fruit Bars – $3.00
- Worcestershire Sauce – $1.99
- Whole Wheat Hot Dog Rolls – $1.99
- Cannellini Beans – $0.67
- Ziploc Storage bags – 2/$3
- Jello – $0.89
- Teddie peanut butter – $3.89/each