Good morning! Well… I hope you’re having a good morning. Mine has not been the best!
For breakfast I had my favorite Low-Calorie Oats (using this recipe) and a side of delicious strawberries.
Last night, we had a bit of an issue with the air conditioner. Brent was asleep next to me while I was catching up on my Google Reader, and all of a sudden around 1am it started making this horrible whirring noise and then slowly stopped blowing out cold air, or any air at all actually. I shook Brent awake (which is no easy task by the way… he sleeps like the dead!) and we thought that he had fixed it, but it did the same thing all over again a few minutes later.
Obviously it was too late to do anything about it at the time, so Brent stumbled into the living room and passed out on our couch. I opted to stay in the bedroom, but shortly after I realized that the heat was just too much. I was sweating even though I was lying down with the fan blowing on me full blast. It gets hot in our place.
So I went into the living room and ended up falling asleep on the floor next to the couch. It wasn’t that comfortable, but I was too tired and hot to care!
Before Brent left for work today, he dragged an extra mattress onto the living room floor so that we’ll have somewhere to sleep tonight. We won’t be able to get another air conditioner until Thursday since we both have a lot of homework and I’m going to NYC with my mom tomorrow and Wednesday.
Luckily, my parents have a slew of air conditioners in their basement to choose from. They just happened to be there when they bought the house. I guess it had just been switched the place over to central air a few years before they bought it, and they kept the old ACs just in case.
After all that we’ve been through lately with this apartment…
- Broken air conditioner
- Living room AC leaking 10 gallons of water all over the carpet
- TV getting broken in two different ways by two different power surges (blue squiggly line across the screen and a broken HDMI port)
- Constant drainage problems in the sinks and bathtub
- Water won’t stay hot long enough to fill the bathtub for a bath/take a shower longer than 2 minutes
- One of the two power outlets in the bedroom decided to completely stop working
- Lack of air flow in the kitchen that makes it get over 100˚ when I try to cook
- Our cable box broke during the last power surge and I had to drive to the store to get a replacement
- We pop the breakers all the time because we don’t have enough electricity in the apartment to run more than like eight things at a time.
…. Even my mom thinks that we should consider moving sooner than we thought we might (maybe in the Spring?)! We just seem to attract bad luck around here
Do you have your own house/apartment? What is some stuff you’ve had to deal with?
Do you think we should consider moving in the near(ish) future?