I had a pretty productive day today! What about you?
My sleeping schedule seems to be getting a lot better (crossing my fingers!). Last night I fell asleep at 10:30pm and was up at around 7:30am. Brent and I couldn’t wait to feed our new guinea pig his breakfast, which he gobbled right up. A little later, I had my own breakfast of my Favorite Low-Calorie Oats, mmmm. I haven’t had these in a long time because… hot oats in the middle of summer? Bleh.
After breakfast, I chilled out and caught up on our DVR queue. I saw the Gabby Douglas Oprah special and the latest from the Kardashians.
For lunch, I couldn’t wait to whip out my turkey sandwich ingredients and eat them right up. This time I did something different… I added cucumber! It was a really good idea.
Then it was time to do some laundry and maybe take a little cat nap
When I woke up around 3:45pm, I decided it would be a good idea to head out to the library. I haven’t been in almost a year and a half because I had a fine I was worried about. I lost a book (which is something that is not like me at all) and didn’t find it until two months later.
Luckily, the fine was only $6. Apparently they cap the fines off at $6 even if it’s technically supposed to be more. It definitely helped me out, but I would’ve paid it even if it was higher. I actually love this idea, because literacy is a HUGE problem in Rhode Island. By keeping the fines low, they encourage people to keep coming back, even if they run into a problem similar to mine.
I picked up Maeve Bincy’s Circle of Friends and The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes. Maeve Binchy is a really popular writer, but I’ve actually never written anything by her. Have you? I’m pretty excited to see if I’m into her or not. I just hope it doesn’t turn out like my failed Nora Roberts experiment – she is AWFUL!
I also requested a few others from to “to-read” list on Goodreads.
I have to wait to get started, though because right now I’m in the middle of The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, which is really good so far.
As I was leaving the library, I realized that there was a Whole Foods across the street. Perfect! Israeli couscous had been on my list forever. Of course, I wasn’t able to leave with just one thing (seriously, has that ever happened in there?) and walked out with a block of cheese and some frozen ravioli as well.
As I was leaving that store, I noticed that there was a pet store across the street, and I just had to go in. They had much better prices than Petco, so I left with a plushy toy, a cardboard tunnel, a wicker chew toy, and a hanging veggie chew toy (it’s cool – it looks like this).
Healthy Goals Checklist
- At least 100g of protein. Check! Right now I’m at 87.5, but I’m about to have some cheese for an after-dinner snack which will knock me over the edge.
- At least 4 servings of fruits/veggies. No check. Ugh! I only got 3 servings today I will make up for this tomorrow, I promise!
- At least 25g of fiber. No check. I only got 13g today. This is really hard, you guys! Brent suggested I try out some FiberOne products. Their granola bars have NINE grams of fiber for only 140 calories. I think that’s a good trade.
- At least 100 oz. of water. Check! I got 102 oz. today.
- No more than one treat. Check! I had some cheese and crackers after dinner, which isn’t even really a “treat” in my book at least.
- Exercise and/or stretch. Check! I did a bunch of walking around today while I was doing my errands and I’m going to stretch right after I finish this post.