Ever since Brent and I moved in together six months ago, I’ve been doing tons of shopping. It feels like all I do all week is go shopping (especially because I often have to break up my shopping trips into a few different days so that my feet don’t get too worn out)! There’s always more food, more toiletries, more pet stuff, more house stuff, etc. to be bought. I guess that’s just part of growing up…
In order to stay organized, I keep a never-ending shopping list on my Google Drive account and add to it as I think of things I need to pick up. I love having the Google Drive app on my iPhone as well. I just pull it up when I’m in the store, and I have my whole list instantly right in front of me! I can even edit the list while I’m shopping to delete the stuff I already put in my cart.
Let’s see what’s on my shopping list this week…
CVS Shopping List:
I finally picked up some multivitamins for myself. I’ve been saying to myself for a really long time now that I should probably get some, so I grabbed two bottles while I was at CVS getting some prescriptions yesterday. This bottle has 200 pills and they were even on a buy-one-get-one-free sale! The pills are HUGE, though — I almost couldn’t even swallow it!!
While I was there, I also picked up some laundry detergent that was on sale for $1.50! Woohoo, what a deal.
Lately, I’ve been kind of missing my extreme coupon-ing hobby. It was fun, but it used to take up so much of my time. Hopefully once I graduate I’ll be able to get back into it — it was crazy how much I was able to save!
Walmart Shopping List:
- Generic-brand Cocoa Pebbles
- Goldfish (I cannot believe that this thing costs $7 — We’ve been going through them like one per week, too! They could stay in business just from us alone, I swear.)
- Kellogg’s FiberPlus Chocolate Chip bars (Brent’s favorite)
- Four cans of 100% Pumpkin (to make more of this DELICIOUS Skinny Pumpkin Pie!)
- Stridex pads (TMI, but I’ve been getting these weird pimples on my back and it’s so annoying. I almost never ever get pimples, and I’ve never had them on my back before, so this is super weird. Hopefully this will solve my problem).
While I was at Walmart, I also got this awesome clear bucket to hold all of my non-refridgerated produce (like apples, potatoes, oranges, avocados, etc.). It’s especially a good idea that I have this because we’ve always had a problem with fruit flies and ants in this apartment, so this should definitely keep the little buggers out.
I also got the purple bucket you see underneath to hold all of my plastic water bottles. I don’t really use them too often, but I try to keep some around just in case. They were getting so annoying though, because they were just sitting under our counter in the Poland Springs case, which was falling apart, and it was just a hot mess. My new purple bucket completely fixes this problem and it also makes my OCD-ness soooo freakin’ happy.
PriceRite Shopping List:
- Skim Milk
- Ritz Crackers (did you guys know they make these in Whole Wheat now?? Awesome!)
- Chicken Breast (1-1/2 lbs)
- Ground Turkey (1 lb)
- High-Fiber, Whole Wheat Bread (this stuff is awesome! One slice has 5g of protein and 5g of fiber. Have you ever heard of those kind of stats before?! So cool.)
- Parsley (I’m not actually sure if this is parsley… I just kinda grabbed it because it looked like parsley, but I smelled it and it didn’t smell like parsley. Hmmmm. It’s for the guinea pigs anyway, so I guess we’ll see if they eat it!).
- Fat-Free Half and Half
- Cooking Spray
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Beans
- Acorn Squash (This is my new favorite food!! I can’t stop eating it. I have the best recipe ever — Cut in half lengthwise, put 1/2 tbsp of Smart Balance butter & 1 tbsp of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend in each hole, and roast in a pan in 1/2-inch of water at 400˚ for about an hour).
- Green Leaf Lettuce (for some reason, I’ve been more into this kind than romaine lately. I find that it works better for sandwiches).
Shaw’s Shopping List:
- Cupcakes (because, why the hell not? And cupcakes are delicious.)
- Sandwich Baggies (I always stock up on these when they go on sale. We go through baggies like crazy around here.)
- Shaw’s Turkey Breast (for Brent’s lunches)
- Shaw’s Bologna (for my lunches)
Stop & Shop Shopping List:
- Pie Crusts (to make another Skinny Pumpkin Pie… you gotta try this!!)
- Nature’s Promise English Breakfast Tea
- Red Delicious Apples (My favorite! I tried to get them at PriceRite where they’re cheaper, but last week they were mealy, so I’ll stick with Stop&Shop for those from now on).
- Canned Yams (again, for the amazing pie)
- Frozen Shrimp (Shrimp are so good for you — hopefully I can create some healthy meals with these soon. Brent hates shrimp, though, so they’re all mine!!).
- Campbell’s Soup (I don’t normally buy stuff like this, but they had a new flavor and it looked really good, so I was suckered into getting it ).
- Hamburger Rolls (for Brent’s sandwiches)
- Chopped Kale (for Brent)
- Atlantic Salmon (Have you tried my salmon recipe? It’s the BEST. I try to eat this as much as possible).
- Tilapia (Oh my gosh, I’m being super healthy this week… Look at all this fish!)
- Stop & Shop Provolone (for Brent’s sandwiches)
- Daisy Light Sour Cream (for making baked potatoes — a recent obsession of mine).
- Friendly’s Chocolate Ice Cream (for Brent)
- More storage baggies! (Can never have enough of these, seriously).
Well, that’s what was on my shopping list this week! What about you?