I hope that everybody had a great week. Mine was pretty stressful, but I’m THIS close to graduating, so I’m just trying to stay alive until then. I can’t believe that next week is already Thanksgiving! How did that happen?? Does anybody have any special plans?
As most of you know, I’ve been doing the whole thing where I show you guys what groceries I bought during the week for a long time (about a year and a half, I think!). I really love doing it and I know from some of your comments that you like these posts as well. I love reading similar posts on other people’s blogs too, so I thought that I would start up a blog link-up! ‘
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Go grocery shopping. Or any kind of shopping! Sometimes I show you guys what I got recently at Walmart or Target. That’s cool, too!
- Take a picture of the things you want to show us. I separate mine by store, but you can do it any way you want.
- Post the pictures on your blog and talk about what you bought (like why you bought it, if you really like a certain product, etc.).
- Make sure to include the shiny new badge below in your post and then send me an email (email@example.com) with the link to the post before Thursdays at midnight.
- On Fridays, I’ll publish my own Shopping List post and include all your links!
- Don’t forget to tweet about your post with the hashtag #shoppinglist. I know it’s cheesy, but I love hashtags
I’m kind of nervous about starting up my own blog link-up. Even though I’ve been blogging for over two years, I’ve never done something like this before. But I’ve never seen a link-up like this and have always wished there was one… so I took the initiative! I would REALLY appreciate anybody and everybody’s participation. It would mean so much to me!!
Walmart Shopping List:
- 1% Milk (I just recently switched over from skim milk to 1% and I’m loving it!)
- Generic-brand Cocoa Pebbles
- Milk & Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Got these for an awesome recipe I actually just made tonight. Can’t wait to share it with you!)
- Light Sour Cream (For my baked potato obsession)
- Stockings!! (Perfect for Christmas decorations and/or present delivery system.)
- Luna Cookie Dough Protein Bars (Have you tried the new Luna protein bars?? They seriously taste like candy bars.)
- Vanilla Cookie Candle (I think Brent’s about two more candles away from sending me to candle rehab… it’s not pretty, you guys.)
- Soap dispensers (I use these in the kitchen – one for hand soap, one for dish soap. We’d been using just the regular plastic ones that hand soap comes in, but they were starting to get icky.)
- Can opener (Ours bit the dust last week because I didn’t realize you aren’t supposed to wash them… whoops.)
- 7-day Pill Container (Because I’m 87 years old)
Trader Joe’s Shopping List:
- Rolled Oats (These weren’t on my list, but when I saw them I knew it was destiny. I’ve been hearing about these on other healthy living blogs FOREVER, but never splurged for them because they’re kinda pricey. These were like $3 or something ridiculous. TJ’s is awesome!)
- Goat Cheese Medallions (Who HASN’T been raving about these. Obviously I had to try them. I’m obsessed with everything goat. Except goat’s milk. That sh**is just disgusting. Haven’t tried these yet, but I’m really excited about it.)
- Mac & Cheese Balls (They look super weird, but I saw them on somebody’s blog and – because mac and cheese is one of my top 5 favorite foods – I just had try it. Haven’t cracked ‘em open yet, but I promise I’ll let you guys know if they’re good when I do.)
- Vegetable Panang Curry (Saw this on Healthy Tipping Point and, because her blog is freaking awesome, of course I had to try it. It was so good!!! This is definitely going to be a recurring item on my TJ’s list from now on.)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut and Caramel bar (I’m not a huge dark chocolate fan, but c’mon… coconut AND caramel? I was totally game. It was pretty good! Probably wouldn’t get it again, though. Those big bars are one of those things that’s really hard to split into multiple servings, so you’re kind of forced to eat the whole thing in one sitting – or at least that’s what I keep telling myself )
- Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Ravioli (Again… goats. I also got these last time I went and they were delicious, so I couldn’t wait to have them again.)
- Pumpkin Butter (I talked about this the other day… it was pretty good! Wouldn’t get it again, though. I love pumpkin, but I don’t love “pumpkin spice” as much. It was definitely more like “pumpkin spice” butter – not “pumpkin” butter.)
- Hot and Sweet Mustard (I can’t believe I lived 21 years without this!!!! It was perfect on my salmon.)
- Olive Oil
PriceRite Shopping List:
- High-Fiber whole wheat bread
- Kobucha Squash (Woohoo! I’m excited about this. I’ve never tried this kind of squash before, but so many people have been raving about it lately that I was peer-pressured into it )
- Potatoes (for the previously-mentioned baked potato issue)
- Sweet Potatoes (did you see my delicious mashed sweet potato recipe from the other day?? Make it now.)
- Fat-Free Half and Half
- Ground Turkey
- Acorn Squash
- Green Bell Pepper
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Smart Ones Mac & Cheese (I know these are super-processed, but I probably won’t ever be able to give them up. Mac and cheese for less than 300 calories? I’m all in.)
Stop & Shop Shopping List:
- Potato Bread Hamburger Rolls
- Shredded Cheese, various kinds
- Fat-Free Evaporated Milk
- Marshmallow Fluff (another ingredient for that awesome recipe I can’t wait to share with you!)
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Morning Star Breakfast Sandwiches (really working hard to try to kick that Dunkin habit. *cough* *cough* Get me a single-serve k-cup brewer for Christmas, Mom *cough* *cough*)
- Frozen Chopped Broccoli
Shaw’s Shopping List:
- Honey Roasted Turkey Breast (for Brent’s sandwiches)
- Provolone cheese (for Brent’s sandwiches)
- Sliced Chicken Breast (for my sandwiches)
Please, please join in for the link-up next week and the following Fridays! Can’t wait to see what you guys are buying