Now that it’s February, I think that it’s probably time to do a little update on how I’ve been doing with my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions (or goals, as I like to call them). As a reminder, here are the eight goals I chose for this year:
- Post on my blog at least five times a week
- Get kittens!
- Finish moving all of my stuff out of my parents’ house
- Get a real Christmas tree for Christmas 2013
- Continue tracking my spending every month
- Keep using my HGC & lose weight
- Make progress on getting my feet better
- Work on sleep consistency
I’m actually surprised at the progress I’ve made in only a month’s time! I love how goals keep me accountable — I love competing with myself, haha. And I definitely have that “teacher’s pet” personality. Even though I’m not in school anymore, I still try to finish my “homework” and get an A+ in everything
- Post on my blog at least five times a week: I’ve done pretty well with this one. I don’t think that I’ve posted five times every week since January 1st, but it’s been most weeks (and the weeks I didn’t post five times, I posted at least four).
- Get kittens: We don’t have kittens yet, but we’ve been actively looking into it. We went on PetFinder.com and saw two kittens that we really liked, but I called the shelter a bunch of times and nobody answered Brent has a lead on some other kittens we might be able to adopt, so we’ll see where that goes.
- Finish moving all of my stuff out of my parents’ house: HUGE progress on this one! I’ve packed everything that was in the basement, and I’ve done a lot of packing in my old bedroom, but there’s still a ton of work that needs to be done. I’m planning on going over again tomorrow and a few times next week to work on it some more.
- Get a real Christmas tree for Christmas 2013: Well, obviously, we haven’t made progress on this one, haha. But we’re still planning on doing this!
- Continue tracking my spending every month: Success so far! I even found out about this website Mint.com that does a really good job at tracking everything for you. I love how you can just sync up your bank accounts, and it lists all your transactions (and you can add in stuff that you paid cash for). You can create budgets & things to save up for, and use your own categories to organize everything exactly how you like it. Using this website is so much easier than creating my own spreadsheet every month — I love it!
- Keep using my HGC and lose weight: After my really awful doctor’s appointment a few weeks ago, I’ve been really lackluster in this department. It’s been really hard to psych myself up to lose more weight after she basically told me that I would never succeed on my own. I haven’t been good about tracking my food for my HGC — because of the appointment and also because it’s super annoying to track everything you eat every single day. I think I’ve still been actually eating pretty well, but I need to get my act together and start tracking again. Any tips on how to get myself motivated again?
- Make progress on getting my feet better: I made an appointment with the Lahey Clinic in Massachusetts to get my feet checked out, which is coming up in two weeks. I’ve been going to physical therapy twice a week and doing my stretches every night. My legs have gotten much more flexible and the atrophying is gone, so I’m really happy about that, but the pain is still about the same.
- Work on sleep consistency. Eh. This is not going well. I keep intending to go to bed early, but then it just doesn’t happen. On Tuesday-Friday, Brent doesn’t get home from work until at least 7:45pm, and that’s after not seeing each other all day. We eat supper and then try to spend some time together, but by the time we’ve talked or watched TV for any sufficient amount of time, it’s really late (most of the time around midnight). And I can’t just go right from having fun with Brent to sleeping… I need some “me time” to read before bed, and then, before you know it, it’s already 1am at least. Not sure how to fix this…