Happy Friday, everybody!
After work yesterday, my parents and I went out to dinner at one of my favorite Rhode Island restaurants, Iggy’s.
I got my usual, the whole belly fried clams dinner — which comes with a side of fries and New England clam chowder. My parents split the fish & chips and the same dinner that I got between the two of them. We also got a side of clam cakes, but I’m not a clam cakes fan.
My mom ended up ordering us doughboys for dessert, too. Normally we don’t ever get dessert at a restaurant, but I was happy because, even though I’ve been to Iggy’s a ton of times, I’ve never had their famous doughboys. They were delicious! Way better than those large poofy doughboys you’d get at a fair.
And now it’s time for Shopping List Friday again!
PriceRite Shopping List:
- Chicken breast
- Chicken thighs (to make this delicious recipe)
- Green bell peppers
- Macintosh apple
- Green beans (one of my all-time favorite vegetables… what’s yours?)
#2: Stop & Shop
Stop & Shop Shopping List:
- Sandwich baggies
- Hunt’s fire-roasted diced tomatoes (use these instead of regular diced tomatoes once, and you will never go back!)
- Pinto beans (I tried these for the first time when I made this recipe a few weeks ago, and now they’re my new favorite bean)
- Powdered sugar
- Sweet potato
- Hot dog rolls
- Hamburger buns (for Brent’s lunch sandwiches)
- Chex mix
- Parmesan shredded cheese (definitely a staple in our apartment… we use this all the time)
- Friendly’s ice cream (mostly for Brent, but I’ll probably have a bowl or two)
- Chocolate rice cakes (Brent’s snack)
Shaw’s Shopping List:
- Red grapes (I’ve been eating these for a snack at work recently)
- Deli Genoa salami (for Brent’s lunches)
- Deli provolone cheese (for Brent’s lunches)